Fixed or articulated lifting rings?
Articulated lifting rings:
These security rings are specially designed for turning charges.
They are able to solve all hoisting situation, whether with a skew or axial lifting, and /or stowing.
- Their design allows use in allows direction and lateral fixing.
- These rings have to be screwed following the tightening torque specified by the manufacturer.
- Rings with low overhand would be preferable.
- Painted in red, they remind security (product of at least class 8).
The engravings state:
- The EC reference if compliant to EC directives;
- The class;
- The manufacturer brand and the blacksmith' mark, when forged;
- The batch n°;
- The diameter;
- The maximum CMU/WLL.
The delivery will be completed by:
- The recommendations for use;
- The certificate of conformity
Preferably use rings whose axes are inseparable from the equipment, in order to avoid replacing the axis by an inadequate one.
Fixed lifting rings:
Traditional DIN 580 rings are meant for linear tractions in the direction of the fixing bolt. They are forbidden for tractions perpendicular to the direction of the fixing bolt.
- They can easily unscrew when handling and move in the direction of traction.
- They can possibly twist or break (increased risk if the ring was already bent in opposite direction, that's why bended rings have to be removed.).
- Loss of at least 75% of their effectiveness as soon as the traction is no longer linear.
When using fixed rings, preference will be given to rings:
- Supplied with a certificate of conformity (specifying the material analysis)